Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 4 Done

Today was not great in the food area. Breakfast was fabulous-made eggs and sauteed baby spinach, garlic with tomato and had some watermelon.
Had some errands to run and finally, at 1:30 (and at about 94 degrees outside), I made it down to the bike trail. I had it in my mind that I was going to walk/run 4 miles today. I ended up doing 6!! Proud of myself? 
You betcha!
I admit that I did end up doing more walking than running, but I'm okay with that. I'm just getting back at it, and it has been awhile, so I do not want to risk injuring myself by pushing too hard. Besides that, it was about 94 degrees out with like 120% humidity. Running was just not feeling good out there. Heck. Breathing was not feeling good out there! But I stuck it out and did the 6. I have to get it in when I can, and I had the extra time today. So I doubled my total today for the month:

  

 Only 88 more miles to go!

Got back from the trail and realized that I had not had lunch yet and it was after 3. I quickly heated 2 chicken burgers and ate those and got a few dishes ready for a cookout with the neighbors. 
As you can see, I provided a veggie and a 'fruit'. lol
Okay, so it was drinks with fruit juice in them. Doesn't count, huh? Shoot.
We had some good food- fresh caught Wahoo and Yellowfin Tuna on the grill, and I made a bowl of cucumbers and sour cream. My neighbor made a rice dish, stuffed sweet peppers, and mushrooms wrapped in bacon. Let's just say that she is not in to eating clean :) I did have a bit of everything, but it certainly was not clean. Oh well. There will be days like this. 
And every one is a learning experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment